With everyone in lock down, I was very fortunate to join a Zoom session in which my friend, Mary, gave a demonstration on a masking technique.
After this, I was inspired by Rachel Grieg from Darkroom Door and her stamp cutting party, to finally cut out some of the large number of Darkroom Door stamps that I have purchased and never gotten around to cutting out.
With so much inspiration, of course I had to make a card, using two of the sets of stamps that I cut out this afternoon.
Cardstock: White, Black, Tan
Stamp: Darkroom Door: Fine Flowers Vol 2,
Ink: Archival: Jet Black
Other: Double sided tape, Watercolour Crayons, Aqua Brush, Watercolour Paper, Black Gel Pen, We R Memory Keepers Precision Press, Washi Tape, Ruler
I started by making the tan A5 card base. I cut a piece of black cardstock (12.8 cm x 8.5 cm), then cut a piece of watercolour paper (12.3 cm x 8 cm).
In Mary’s demonstration, she recommended using a Precision Press (or equivalent), I’m glad I listened to her 🙂
I placed a piece of waste cardstock slightly higher and wider than the sentiment towards the bottom of the watercolour paper. I placed some washi tape on the cardstock, to hold it in place. I then positioned the floral stamps on the watercolour paper, then picked them up with the lid of the press. I stamped them with Archival ink and stamped the paper. I then moved the stamps around again, re-inked them and stamped again. I then stamped the sentiment in the same way.
I coloured the flowers using the aqua brush and crayons, then ruled a line at either edge of the sentiment panel.
I am entering the card in the Darkroom Door April Challenge – #darkroomdooraprilchallenge
Bye for now,