I made a birthday card a few weeks ago, which I didn’t end up using, so I thought I would use it as a guinea pig.
Here is the before shot…
And here is the after…
Inks: Black StazOn Ink, Shabby Shutters Distress Ink
Cardstock: White and Black
Stamps: Darkroom Door Full Blossom Collection
Other: Double sided tape, dimensionals, Distress Markers, Sponging block, Aqua pen
When I initially made the card, I stamped the flower onto white cardstock, and then sponged over the card with Shabby Shutters Distress Ink, using a sponging block. I have had these blocks for a couple of years, but just haven’t used them before. They certainly give a different effect to the sponging.
For my birthday, I received the full set of Tim Holtz Distress Markers, so I wanted to experiment with them. The centre was coloured with Mustard Seed, and the petals with Aged Mahogany. But, as usual, I rushed in like a bull in a china shop, and didn’t think. Of course I KNOW that I should have just coloured at the bottom of the petals, but I didn’t. The first petal, I coloured entirely, and it was too dark, so after that I just did a line of colour on each petal. I had hoped that using the aqua pen on the petals would soften the colouring…it did to a point, but not as much as I had hoped. But that is what experimenting is all about 🙂
Bye for now,